This two story Tudor style house and historic landmark was built back in 1929 for Common Pleas judge Guy Findley and his wife Jennie on 41 acres of wooded land. Much of the woodwork in the house was cut from trees on the estate, which has many varieties of trees and plants from all over the world, planted by the Findleys. The property was deeded to the city of Elyria in 1945 for park purposes and in 1978 Mrs. Findley transferred the property to the city. The house is open to the public once in awhile, mainly around Christmas, allowing the public to look inside and see it as it once was in the 1930's. There are meeting facilities and nature trails as well. The estate is located at 799 North Abbe Road, Elyria,OH.