Elyria Historical Hunt

The Hickories Museum

Picture
This mansion was built in1895 by Arthur Garford, in the Richardsonian Romanesque and Shingle-style architecture styles. It has six fireplaces, a private chapel and Tiffany style windows. It was the first house in Elyria to have electricity. Mr. Garford was the inventor of the padded bicycle seat but eventually sold that company and began another company that made Stude-baker Garford automobiles in 1911. The Hickories is now a museum that gives regularly scheduled tours and also serves as the headquarters for the Lorain County Historical Society. It is located at 509 Washington Avenue,Elyria,OH 44035. The website for the Hickories is www.lchs.org.

Printable page for The Hickories Museum
File Size: 30 kb
File Type: pdf
Download File